Saturday 25 April 2015

Revolution Makeup-Iconic 3

Having read several blog posts about Revolution Makeup producing some excellent dupes for the Urban Decay eye shadow palates I was made up to discover my local Superdrug has started too stock them. Superdrug (as they often do) had a three for two offer on across all makeup so I had a bit of a splurge and picked up two Revolution Palates (Mermaids Vs Unicorns and Iconic 3), a Sleek Makeup highlighting kit, a MUA under eye concealer and two MUA lipsticks. This post will focus on the Iconic 3 palate though which has been created as a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay and already own Naked, Naked 2, Smoked and Pulp Fiction. I love them because of their excellent pigmentation, great blendability and range of shades. However they are expensive and I have not been able to justify buying Naked 3 so obviously I was keen to try this dupe.

Looking at the packaging it is no where near as eye catching as the Urban Decay palates but at the end of the day-is attractive packing really that important?


At first glance the shades look extremely similar. Below are what the Revolution shades look like on my skin:

 Unfortunately as I don't own the Naked 3 palate I can't directly compare but what I can say is that they have excellent pigmentation and in relation to my other Urban Decay Palates feel similar in texture and consistency and blend really nicely.

I have had a little play around with them creating my typical day look which I usually create with my Naked 2 Palate (light shade over the whole lid and darker shades blended into crease and outer corner. I used the first shade and second shade mixed together over the lid up to the brow bone and then blended the 6th, 9th and 12th shades into the outer 'triangle'. Its a quick day time look and only takes about 5 minutes and doesn't involve eye liner as I try and avoid eyeliner  as it damages my eye lash extensions and shortens the life of them.



I can certainly say I was really impressed with how easy it was to blend the shades together and they definitely did not feel cheap or chalky. I can't wait to get chance to play around with this palate and also mermaids vs unicorns (which contains colours rather than nudes, bronzes and browns) to create different looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment