Wednesday 15 April 2015

Keep on Running...

In my last post I mentioned that I have started to run on the treadmill at the gym. This is actually going quite well. I am able to now begin with a 5 minute warm up walk on a slight incline and then continue with a run to 5k and have started to add a few bursts of sprinting into the mix. My goal is to run 5k in 30 minutes comfortably. I would also like to build up to 10k but I will have to do this by varying walk/run/walk etc. I am not sure this will be so easy as I find once I go back down to a walk its hard to get running again which is why I simply push myself to run for 5k rather than try for a slower pace but longer distance.

I do however spend at least 20 minutes on the cross trainer in addition to my treadmill workout. I would like to introduce more regular weight based exercises too to develop my muscle tone but I have put on a few pounds over Easter so cardio and fat burning is my priority at the moment.

In addition I have been trying to do Charlotte's belly blast when I can and I am telling you, 'it is hard!'. I like it as it is broken down into three minute routines so you never feel like a routine is dragging on and they go cardio, resistance, cardio etc... The times I have done the DVD five 3 minute work outs have done me right in. Honestly it is harder than 30 minutes running or cross trainer work-not sure how it compares in terms of burning calories though. I have added an app to my phone called 7 minute workout which I try and squeeze in as and when I can as 7 minutes is nothing really.

The weather is improving so I am also going to make a conscious effort to get out more and simply walk more with the kids as at the end of the day walking is a free activity and we are fortunate to live in an area with plenty of parks and decent country side.

No comments:

Post a Comment