Tuesday 2 February 2016

End of first month...

My goal for the long month of January was to exercise daily. I am pleased to say I have actually managed this all bar about two days when I have simply been too tired.
I have been going to the gym three times a week and started running once again. While I can't deny that at times it is hard getting motivated, I am always glad I made the effort. The reason why I like running is because I can set goals and see progress. Like for example my first goal was to run 5k in 30 minutes-this is the goal I set when I first started running almost a year ago and a repeat goal I set just over a month ago after taking a bit of a running break and using the cross trainer instead. 
Once I achieved this I tarted trying to beat my times and also increase my distance. I am made up with myself that in a month I have gone from taking near 60 minutes to run 10k to recently doing it in under 55 minutes. 
As an additional goal I have signed up to a 10k in May so not only do I have something to aim for but it will encourage me to keep on with my training.
Anyway; as I said my goal was to exercise daily. Its impossible for me to visit the gym every day and likewise I don't have a huge amount of time but needless to say on non gym days I have been doing sit ups, squats or exercises from an app I have down loaded onto my phone. 
Today is February 2nd so I am, all be it a day late, setting my month two goal which is to read daily with the kids.
We are part way through a novel called Rooftoppers aimed at young readers. It is set in Paris and follows the story of a young girl found abandoned in a shipwreck embarking on a desperate search for her real mum. 
I am so busy working every day that often I am guilty of putting the TV on for the kids in the evening while I get jobs done. However, I aim to set aside at least ten minutes before bedtime to read together. 
As for month one challenge, although I have not exercised today, I will be keeping it up and going to the gym 3 times a week (or running outside weather permitting) and exercising in the house where this is not possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment