Friday 27 February 2015

Healthy baking...


Since I have been trying to stop eating so much pre prepared convenience food I have been trying out some clean eating baking.
My total favourite is banana bread. It is absolutely yummy and I make about 3 loaves a week. Me and the kids eat it for breakfast and I give it them for supper too. I cannot in anyway take credit for it so here is the link http://thekitchenshed.co.uk/clean-eating-wholewheat-banana-bread/

I have been experimenting to try and make some kind if healthy cereal bar. I tried one concoction with loads of mashed banana and oats but it didn't turn out very well. 

I therefore decided it needed something to bind it together more so I increased the amount of coconut milk, honey and coconut oil and it's actually turned out rather nice. I didn't weigh the ingredients but kind if added what I thought best to achieve a nice consistency. Basically I used:
Oats probably about 150g
Small amount of granola (as this does have added sugar)
Desinated coconut (again small amount as it's high in fat)
Honey (about 75ml)
Coconut oil (about 75ml)
Splash of coconut milk
Dried fruit (handful)
1 mashed banana 

I melted the honey and coconut oil in the microwave then added into the other ingredients in a mixing bowl, smushed them all together and spooned into a baking tray, flattening them out and baked at 200 for 15 mins. 
They taste really yummy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment